https://nursingwebwriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/logoHOE-1-300x60-1.png 0 0 Elias https://nursingwebwriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/logoHOE-1-300x60-1.png Elias2020-07-02 01:02:052020-07-02 01:02:05Biology
- Explain the scientific method and how it’s used to reveal an accurate understanding of living things; distinguish information resulting from scientific inquiry from that based on anecdotes and deceptive, non-scientific studies.
- Describe the chemistry of living things and relate biochemicals and their reactions to energy transformations between organisms and their environments; explain the conversion of light energy to chemical energy resulting in the connection between producers and consumers.
- Describe the variation of cell structures among organisms and contrast them with non-living particles such as viruses; explain how cell anatomy and function impacts the organism as a whole.
- Explain the various ways that cells reproduce and how they relate to DNA replication and inheritance; relate molecular, chromosomal, and cellular activities to genetic variation and evolutionary change.
- Explain the process of gene expression and regulation and how gene products result in the characteristics of organisms; describe how these genetic processes contribute to adaptive change from generation to generation.
- Understand commonly used biotechnologies, recognize their practical applications and ability to reveal evolutionary relationships and change; recognize the responsibility associated with the correct use and interpretation of these technologies.