Nowicki, M. (2018). Introduction to the Financial Management of Healthcare Organizations (Vol. Seventh edition). Chicago, Illinois: Health Administration Press. Part 1; pages 3-88. Available in the Trident Online Library.
View: Healthcare Finance 101 with Steve Febus, Pullman Regional Hospital Chief Financial Officer: Understanding the Costs of Full Service Healthcare. (2017). https://youtu.be/N-SumPdb2PI
Homework Case Assignment
After completing the required readings:
- Articulate the six major objectives of healthcare financial management. What does each individual objective encompass? Be as specific as you can in your descriptions.
- Which of the six do you have experience with, and which do you feel you should devote extra study time to within this course? How could this learning best be accomplished?
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support your analysis.
- Provide a response of 3-5 pages, not including title page and references
- As we have multiple required items to be addressed herein, please use subheadings to show where you are responding to each required item and to ensure that none are omitted.
- Support your paper with peer-reviewed articles and reliable sources. Use at least three references; a minimum of two from peer-reviewed sources. For additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals, see http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php and for evaluating internet sources:
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/. Paraphrase all source information into your own words carefully, and use in-text citations.