hapter 7 Outcomes and Study Guide1. Describe how the process of natural selection works, and how it results in adaptations (Darwin’s Observations and Conclusions)How does unequal reproductive success lead to natural selection? What are adaptations? Explain Darwin’s observations and conclusions.Describe evolution by natural selection? What are some important points about evolution?2. Describe examples of and evidence for evolution by natural selection that can be seen in your daily life.3. Discuss the different kinds of evidence that support the theory of evolution.What is artificial selection? What are some natural selection in action? Explain how evolution explains the diversity and unity of life.4. Define evolution, and explain the different mechanisms that can result in evolution.How do fossil records provide evidence for evolution? What is biogeography and how does evolution account for the distribution of species? What is genetic variation and Darwinian fitness? What are some mechanisms of evolution including genetic drift, founders effect, bottleneck effect, gene flow and sexual selection.5. Differentiate between the processes and results of microevolution and macroevolution, and explain how these contribute to speciation.Explain why individuals do not evolve? At what level does evolution occur?What are gene pools? Describe microevolution.What is macroevolution including speciation? What are novel features?6. Relate the geologic history of the planet to evolutionary history, including mass extinctions and subsequent diversification.What is the role of mass extinctions and diversification in macroevolution?How does the geologic record, plate tectonics, and Pangea support the evolution of life?7. Define a species and describe the barriers that help maintain species.What is a species? What are reproductive barriers? How do these barriers help maintain the various species?8. Describe how scientists classify organisms and construct phylogenies to represent how organisms are related.What is taxonomy and the three-domain system? How do phylogenic trees represent hypotheses about evolutionary history?
Understanding family structure and style is essential to patient and family care. Conducting a family interview and needs assessment gathers information to identify strengths, as well as potential barriers to health. This information ultimately helps develop family-centered strategies for support and guidance.
This family health assessment is a two-part assignment. The information you gather in this initial assignment will be utilized for the second assignment in Topic 3.
Develop an interview questionnaire to be used in a family-focused functional assessment. The questionnaire must include three open-ended, family-focused questions to assess functional health patterns for each of the following:
- Values/Health Perception
- Role Relationship
Select a family, other than your own, and seek permission from the family to conduct an interview. Utilize the interview questions complied in your interview questionnaire to conduct a family-focused functional assessment. Document the responses as you conduct the interview.
Upon completion of the interview, write a 750-1,000-word paper. Analyze your assessment findings. Submit your questionnaire as an appendix with your assignment.
Include the following in your paper:
- Describe the family structure. Include individuals and any relevant attributes defining the family composition, race/ethnicity, social class, spirituality, and environment.
- Summarize the overall health behaviors of the family. Describe the current health of the family.
- Based on your findings, describe at least two of the functional health pattern strengths noted in the findings. Discuss three areas in which health problems or barriers to health were identified.
- Describe how family systems theory can be applied to solicit changes in family members that, in turn, initiate positive changes to the overall family functions over time.
Cite at least three peer-reviewed or scholarly sources to complete this assignment. Sources should be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Research Paper Assignment
Click on the above link to download and open this assignment on your computer. This is your final objective writing assignment for Anthr 1. This 4 – 6 page paper will take some time and thought to earn a good grade. Start early!
Save your work as a Word doc or docx or as .odt, .rtf or .pdf . Some people still do not realize that I cannot open any files sent as .pages or ZIP or Google docs or shared through Google Drive. It would be unfortunate if you failed this assignment simply because you did not follow instructions. Don’t let that happen!
Click on the file below to access the Annotated Bibliography Assignment. Upload your completed Annotated Bibliography assignment to the drop box link below.
Your work must be saved as a Word doc or docx, or in .odt or .pdf or .rtf format.
As some of you found out the hard way, Canvas does not open files submitted in “Pages” or ZIP format or Google docs/Google Drive. I cannot open your file if you use one of these formats. I cannot grade your paper if I cannot open it. If you want to receive a grade for your work, you have to submit it in a format that the Canvas system can access!
Upload and submit your completed Annotated Bibliography Assignment essay in an acceptable file format by clicking on the blue “submit assignment” box at the top right of this assignment page.
This assignment is due by 11:00 p.m. on 4/11/2018.
The process of rehabilitation has two broad aims: helping the offender identify and change maladaptive patterns of thinking and behavior and reintegrating the offender into the community in a way that does not compromise public safety. In this module, your assigned readings have exposed you to two different models of sex offender rehabilitation: the RNR model and the GLM.
Using the module’s readings, online library resources, the Internet, and professional literature, conduct additional research on the RNR model and the GLM.
Based on your research, respond to the following:
- Briefly describe the essential features of the RNR model and the GLM and analyze their strengths.
- Provide an opinion about whether both models are equally effective in enhancing community safety.
- Provide an opinion about whether both models are equally effective in promoting offender welfare.
- Discuss two ethical issues that the forensic professional should consider when choosing between these two models of offender rehabilitation.
Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Your response should rely upon at least two additional sources from the professional literature. Professional literature may include online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .gov, and the apa.org website).
Compile your research in a 1- to 2-page Microsoft Word document.
– Described the essential features of the RNR model and the GLM and analyzed
– Provided an opinion about whether both models are equally effective in
enhancing community safety.
– Provided an opinion about whether both models are equally effective in
promoting offender welfare.
– Discussed two ethical issues that the forensic professional should consider when
choosing between these two models of offender rehabilitation.
– Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical
scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displayed
accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Use a Google search to locate a website, page, blog, or publication that discusses genetically modified foods.
Read the information posted carefully in light of the module readings, especially the scientific journals and federal government publications. Make sure to save the link to this location to include in your essay. Check to be sure your link works!
Next, submit the following:
You will be writing a 500 to 750 word essay (2-3 pages of text, not including title page and references) that addresses each of the following questions about the site you have located. You will be applying the probing questions you used in the Science Tool Kit assignments to formulate this essay.
Include the link to your source, and briefly (1 paragraph) explain the key informational points you found on this web page.
Locate the people, organization, or group that is responsible for the website, blog, etc. This is usually found under the “About Us” heading. Investigate this organization and any sponsors: Who are they? What is their goal or agenda for producing the web page, blog, etc.?
Do the listed sponsors have any affiliations that make you think there is a biased approach to the information being shared? If so, who are they, and why might it be a biased report?
What scientists, researchers, or government agencies are identified as being the sources of the information you have read?
Do you think the writers of the web page, blog, or site “cherry-picked” data and facts for this post, resulting in a biased product? Give concrete examples showing how and where this was done.
Do you think the site you located has any truly incorrect, false, or misleading information? Give examples, and show the data from our reliable sources in contrast to the website/blog information.
Do you find this website, page, blog, or publication to be a reliable source of information on this topic? Summarize why or why not from your previous responses.
What tips and techniques would you suggest to someone who wants to search the Web for more information about GMO/GEO foods so they can locate reliable information from trustworthy sources
Expertise can be considered the ability to recognize things more precisely or more quickly than others. There is a theory popularized by Malcolm Gladwell that such expertise requires 10,000 hours of experience. Others have argued against this position. We are all experts at recognizing something. Maybe it is a type of tree or bird calls or breeds of dogs. Maybe it is the faces of family and loved ones. In this two-part discussion, you will first discuss how your visual system perceives an object that is familiar to you and how you recognize that object. Then, you will take a position on the idea that 10,000 hours of practice are required to become an expert at recognition.
A 2-paragraph summary that describes how you recognize something with which you are familiar. Describe the object without saying what it is and how these individual components are reassembled into the whole. Then, based on the readings this week, explain in your own words how sensory systems identify the individual components of the object. Finally, reveal the object.In addition, post a paragraph explaining your position on the validity of the 10,000 hours theory. Cite the Learning Resources and include any experiences related to your expertise.
The social contract theory is based on the notion that a voluntary, unanimous agreement exists among a society’s members to obey governmental laws formed by those they collectively select. It is not a formal contract, but a moral code that enables us to each pursue our own self-interests, understanding that others feel permission to do the same. Ideally, this will serve to create a peaceful society. The principle of equality considers the concepts of justice, social benefits and harms, and real versus perceived differences between people. “It is unjust to treat people differently in ways that deny to some of them significant social benefits unless we can show that there is a difference between them that is relevant to the different treatment” (MacKinnon, 2015, p. 175). This activity aligns with module outcome 2.
Prepare for your discussion by completing your readings and viewings. Then respond to the following:
Initial Discussion Post
Your initial post should be at least 250 words and must substantively integrate the assigned readings from the module with proper APA style formatting.
PHE4055* Include references – no plagiarism no copy and paste*stay on topic*answer all questions*
Conducting a Needs Assessment
In previous weeks, you identified the types of needs and the basic steps to conducting a needs assessment.
Create a 4-page needs assessment in a Microsoft Word document that:
· Identifies and describes in detail a public health problem that is significant in your community (Atlanta).
· Provides an introduction to the problem. The introduction should describe the impact of the problem on your community and rationale for its selection.
· Identifies, describes, and justifies your selection of the level of the public health pyramid at which the assessment will be conducted
· Develops a needs assessment plan for addressing the selected problem in your community
Part 2*HSC4021* Include references – no plagiarism no copy and paste*stay on topic*answer all questions*
Healthy Lifestyle of People in the age group of 15 to 64
In a Microsoft Word document, create a 3page report of age group 15-64 analysis, answering the following questions:
· Are you surprised to see the trends of the most common behaviors? Discuss.
· Did an individual’s age relate to his or her health behavior? For example, do individuals in the age group of fifty to sixty years have different behaviors than individuals in the age group of thirty to forty years?
· What are some of the changes that the people you could implement in their lifestyles and behaviors to improve their health status?
Assignment 3: Stance Essay- Domestic Violence
This essay will deal with the same topic that you chose for the personal and informative essays. In the personal essay, you identified a problem of significance. For the informative essay, you provided research and a balanced examination of that topic to your reader. In the stance essay you will explore ways to fix the problem and how your reader can relate to your position.
In this version, you will move from simply discussing the issue to developing an updated essay that takes a clear stance on one aspect of your topic. The goal of this essay is to learn how changing the purpose of the writing (from informative to more argumentative) impacts the content and potential audience. Further, it will help you understand the difference between writing to argue your perspective and writing to educate your audience. This knowledge will help you transition into persuasive writing (covered in ENG 215 – Research and Writing) and more advanced essays in your major courses.
You will take a position and present your perspective – alternatively put, your stance – on the issue you discuss. For instance, if you wrote an informative essay on water pollution levels in Flint, Michigan, then your stance essay could argue that the city must frequently test water throughout the state to avoid a similar issue. A second stance would be that government officials should be held accountable when they fail the people who elected them in the first place. These are only two of the many possible stances that you could take. As always, you should work with your professor if you have questions about your topic choice or essay direction.
How to assemble the essay:
1. Decide what part of the topic you want to take a stance on. This is best done by thinking carefully about the topic and considering what different people may want to argue for or against involving that issue. Think about what aspect of your previous paper you feel strongly about.
2. Write a new thesis statement that covers your paper’s topic and direction (what you want the reader to understand when the essay is completed).
3. Perform the research needed to meet the source requirements (minimum 3 additional sources). You may not use more than two of the provided sources in the webtext.
4. Make sure that no content from your informative paper is reused. You may use some of the same sources, but you will be writing a new paper, so you cannot reuse anything else.
5. Review the finished draft to make sure the ideas flow, each of the paragraphs supports the thesis statement found at the end of the introduction, and that your conclusion brings the essay to a strong sense of closure.
6. Finally, proofread the version you intend to turn in for grammatical, sentence structure, clarity, and word use errors.
The final version of the essay must:
· Be in essay form with an introduction, body, and conclusion
· Conclusion should explain why the essay’s main points are important
· Meet the page requirement of 5-6 pages (Title and References pages do not count)
· Address the same overall topic as your informative essay
· Take a clear stance on the issue in question and articulate your stance through a well-developed thesis statement (found at the end of the introduction)
· Support your thesis statement with developed analysis of your sources and how they connect to your topic
· Use a minimum of five (5) academically appropriate sources properly cited in APA format and represented on the References page
Nursingwebwriters helps students cope with college assignments and write papers on a wide range of topics. We deal with academic writing, creative writing, and non-word assignments.
+1 (206) 479 0179