For your initial post, you will present at least two viewpoints debating professional approaches to assessment used in psychology for your assigned age group. Please see the list below for your assigned age group. In addition to the required reading, research a minimum of one peer-reviewed article from the Ashford University Library on ability testing research at is pertains to your assigned age group.
In your initial post, you must
- Briefly compare and discuss at least two theories of intelligence and the contemporary assessment measures related to those theories.
- Analyze challenges related to assessing individuals in your assigned age group and describe any special ethical and sociocultural issues which must be considered.
- Analyze and provide evidence from validation studies supporting and opposing the use of specific instruments with your assigned population.
- Present the pros and cons of individual versus group assessment of ability.
- Summarize the implications of labelling and mislabeling individuals in your assigned age group as a result of testing and assessment.
Last name begins with
- A through E: Preschool-aged children through age 7
- F through J: Children ages 7 through 16
- K through O: Adolescents and young adults ages 16 through 25
- P through T: Adults ages 26 through 60
- U through Z: Adults age 61 and older
Guided Response: Review several of your colleagues’ posts and respond to at least two of your peers, at least of one whom was assigned a different age group than you, by 11:59 p.m. on Day 7 of the week. You are encouraged to post your required replies earlier in the week to promote more meaningful interactive discourse in this discussion. Be sure to review the assigned articles before constructing your reply.
Which of the assessment instruments presented by your classmate demonstrates the strongest validity, and which (if any) do not show strong validity for the age group being discussed? Were there appropriate age, socioeconomic, language, and/or cultural considerations your classmate did not mention but should have been included in her or his initial post? What ethical consideration(s), in addition to those mentioned by your classmate, might you recommend be included? Provide a rationale for the inclusion of these considerations. Use information from the required resources as well as any other appropriate peer-reviewed articles to support your statements. Continue to monitor the discussion forum until 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST) on Day 7 of the week and respond to anyone who replies to your initial post.
Carefully review the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate this Discussion Thread.