https://nursingwebwriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/logoHOE-1-300x60-1.png 0 0 Elias https://nursingwebwriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/logoHOE-1-300x60-1.png Elias2020-06-30 16:19:252020-06-30 16:19:25Genetics
Biotechnology is the use of a living thing or any part of a living thing to make a product or process that improves human life.
Choose 1 of the following biotechnology applications:
- in vitro fertilization
- DNA profiling
- Genetically modified organisms (GMOs)
- Gene therapy
In an APA-formatted report, research the topic that you have chosen, and answer the following 5 questions:
- Explain how the process you have chosen meets the definition of biotechnology.
- Describe how the process is performed.
- Explain the uses of the application.
- Discuss at least 1 benefit, 1 drawback, and 1 risk of the process you have chosen.
- Elaborate on an ethical concern of the application you have chosen, for example, if you chose in vitro fertilization you might discuss what to do with leftover embryos.
Use the following guidelines for your report:
- Utilize at least 2 credible sources to support the arguments presented in the paper. Make sure you cite them appropriately within your paper, and list the references in APA format on your Reference page.
- In accordance with APA formatting requirements, your paper should include an Abstract, Title, and Reference page; should be double-spaced; and should include a running head and page numbers. Your paper should be 2–3 pages in length, not counting the Title page, Abstract, and Reference page.
This assignment will also be assessed using additional criteria provided here.