In this assignment, you will explore the requirements for licensure in the state where you plan to practice. You will develop a professional licensure plan (PLP) that helps you outline a sequential timeline for acquiring licensure.
- Explain the requirements and the sequence of the licensure process in the state where you plan to practice. You must cite the source from where you obtain the state licensure information. ( the state I reside in is New Jersey)
- Create your PLP that reflects a detailed timeline of your route to acquiring licensure. Your plan should begin with meeting requirements for the CMHC program.
- Include details on:
- The required graduate course work for licensure in the state where you plan to practice
- The number of required graduate credit hours for licensure in the state
- The names and types (e.g., multiple choice, case scenarios) of the state licensing exams
- The number of years and hours of required experience after you get your master’s degree
- The number and types of required supervision hours after the master’s experience
- The person who is qualified and approved to provide supervision
- Approved settings for completing the post-masters supervision
- Any other specialty courses you must complete prior to obtaining licensure (e.g., domestic violence, HIV/AIDS, laws and rules, etc.)
- Number of hours of continuing education you must complete in each licensure period in order to have your license renewed
- Crimes that might or would prevent a person from becoming a licensed counselor
- Frame the timeline to include the following: ( The timeline part I will do because have to obtain info from the college)
- When will you attend residencies?
- When will you take your last CMHC program class?
- When will you begin and finish the practicum/internship?
- When will you complete your portfolio?
- When will you graduate from the CMHC program?
- When will you take the state licensing exams?
- When will you meet the experiential and supervision licensure requirements?
- When will you expect to become fully licensed?
Your final product will be a 3- to 5-page Microsoft Word document written in APA format, utilizing at least three scholarly sources. Your paper should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.