The required elements: Your paper should contain the following elements in the order listed below.
In addition, my expectation is that any feedback that was given to you from Assignment 2:
Annotated Bibliography and Assignment 3: The Abstract be incorporated into this assignment. Please go back and review those comments.
- Abstract – this section must contain the following:
- Topic Sentence: Your abstract must contain one sentence that clearly and concisely introduces the topic of the paper
- Content Sentences: Your abstract must mention the following five main topics of the paper: introduction, statistics/epidemiology, financial costs, anatomy & physiology/etiology, diagnosis/treatment/prognosis
- Conclusion Sentence: Abstract contains one sentence that mentions key conclusions and/or findings, future directions/research
- Main Body – this section must contain the following five main topics (the subtopics are recommendations to use if appropriate to your disease/condition):
- Thoroughly define the disease/condition
- History of the disease/condition
- Statistical prevalence (e.g. overall, gender, age)
- Types of distributions (e.g. frequencies, patterns)
- Types of determinants (e.g. causes, risk factors)
- Financial Costs:
- Costs to the individual/family
- Possible costs to society
- Loss of productivity
- Anatomy & Physiology/Etiology:
- The normal and abnormal structure & function behind the disease/condition
- Cause(s) of the disease/condition
- How this disease/condition is diagnosed (e.g. history, exam, diagnostic imaging, labs)
- How the condition/disease is treated (e.g. traditional medical treatments, alternative methods of treatment)
- The prediction of this disease/condition’s outcome
- Conclusion – this section must contain four to six sentences that sum up the main topics of the paper.
- Reference Section – this section must contain the following:
- This is not just a separate section; rather, referencing should occur throughout the paper via parenthetical citations anytime you paraphrase or make direct quotes. Please be sure to cite any language in the paper that should be cited. Your paper should also have a final reference page listing 5-10 credible sources researched for your paper.
- Do not include your critique/summary from Assignment 2: Annotated Bibliography; simply list the references utilized in your paper in APA format on the reference page.
Please make note of the following tips and tricks:
- There is no minimum word count for this paper; however, your paper should be thorough and include all the required components listed in the instructions and rubric.
- Please note that less than 10% of your paper should contain direct quotes.
- Avoid bulleted lists within the body of your paper.
- Do not write in first or second person.
- One last reminder: be sure to properly cite your work, both internal to the paper as well as within the reference page.