Psychology Family And Child
Research Article Review Assignment: Includes a summary and critique Note: This article will ideally be incorporated into your literature review paper.
Goals and steps
The purpose of this assignment is to give you the opportunity to read, summarize and critique ONE article related to a family and child topic. You will select an article from Google scholar linked to your literature review paper topic.My topic is Children coping with divorced parents and their behaviour. In your paper, you should demonstrate understanding of the article theory and content as well as the research methodology, analysis, and findings. You should include your reaction in the form of an analytic critique of the article. Length: 3-4 pages.
1) Carefully read and review a journal article linked to your proposed literature review topic. See subfolder with some sample articles that represent an acceptable journal article. This subfolder can be found in the Assignments folder. Note: The paper format and suggested approaches will be reviewed in class the week of February 7, 2017.
2) Summarize in narrative form the key points of the article. Include the theory, questions or hypotheses that the article presents. Describe the study sample and the research method (s) and identify the key findings.
3) Provide your reaction as well as an analytic critique based on the quality of the article. Suggest any ideas you have to refine or improve the research. Note whether you found the research article relevant and interesting.
General description of the assignment
Write an analytic review paper briefly summarizing key points of a family psychology research article. Discuss the issues presented and follow a clear and logical train of thought in your summary and reaction/critique. For example, you can discuss an article on family resiliency and protective factors and add your thoughts and ideas on the research in your discussion.
Formatting guidelines and submission
The required paper length is 3-4 pages (not including any cover page or references). Please include Name, Date, and Course # in your title.
Your paper must be in APA style, 12-pt Times New-Roman font, with 1-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, and right).
You will upload the paper on Blackboard. Be sure to save a copy of what you submit for your records.
As you refer to the article, list the full set of authors once, then shift to use of first author, et al. I will review APA format in class. For quotes, use this format (Author (s), year, p. xx).
Be specific! Provide clear examples and some details to illustrate the points you are making. If you have any questions, please ask me.
This paper will be worth 10% of your final grade in the course. Guidelines included in the syllabus apply to this and all assignments.
Im also attaching below a sample paper. And the grading criteria.
These are some guidelines for the paper
PLEASE MAKE SURE THE ARTICLE IS JOURNAL WORTHY AND IT HAS AN EYE CATCHING NAME.
- Title/ Authors/Journal Title
- Article Constructs (You may also note any theory guiding the study if this applies.)
- Research Hypothesis and/or Research Questions (Adapt to focus on areas of inquiry and investigation if you are reviewing a qualitative or clinical case research study.)
- Design and Method (You should choose examples if there are several instruments and methods.)
- Participants/Sample (Any recruitment strategies or methods)
- Discussion: Summary/Implications. Include your thoughts and critique of the article.