https://nursingwebwriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/logoHOE-1-300x60-1.png 0 0 Elias https://nursingwebwriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/logoHOE-1-300x60-1.png Elias2020-06-29 04:58:352020-06-29 04:58:35Social Psychology Principles
Social Psychology Principles
Consider the principles of social psychology as you discuss one of these two questions.
Select one of the two choices below to answer and describe an example you have witnessed or personally experienced in the past. Be sure to label which choice you made for your main post. Besides your main post, you need to submit two or more replies to the main posts of classmates. You should post at least one reply to a classmate who answered the alternative question.
- Describe an example of where you initially had a very different view (about some issue) as compared to your peers, family, or co-workers.
- Then found yourself gradually or suddenly conforming to the opinions or desires of this other social group to whom you belonged.
- What led to you conforming?
- Was there another time when you adamantly refused to go along with a collective group ideas or choices?
- If so what was the reaction from others about your decision to refuse to “go along with the group”? Connect your main post and replies to your course readings on conformity.
- Describe an example of social facilitation where the presence of others positively affected or influenced your performance (or that of others), regarding a task or team effort.
- What do you think led to your improvement of your own performance?
- Now describe a time where the presence of others, negatively affected or influenced your performance (or that of others) regarding a task or team effort.
- What do you think happened that led to this reduced effect?
- Connect your main post and replies to the text readings on social facilitation and social loafing.