Structure and Functions of Organs
Identify an organism that lives within 50 miles of your home.
Write an at least 1,050-word research paper about how the organism has adapted to survive in their specific environment. Include the following points in your paper:
- Briefly describe the environment (temperature, landscape, food sources, etc.) and describe the organism’s role in the environment. Determine which organism your chosen organism be most closely related to using a phylogenetic tree. (2 pts)
- Identify the structures and functions of the main organs found in your selected organism. (2 pts)
- Explain how the organism has evolved physiologically to become suited to its environment. (2 pts)
- Explain how things would change if the organism were to be transplanted to a significantly different environment:
- Describe the new environment specifically. (1 pts)
- Would their organ system still be as efficient? Why or why not? (2 pts)
- Would the organism survive in this new environment? Why or why not? (1 pts)
Might want to use prompts as headings.
+ Include a diagram with structures labelled and other appropriate pictures in your paper and make sure to provide a full reference for the images in your reference section. (2 pts)
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines including references and in-text citations. Your paper should include a well-written introduction and conclusion. Use only academic research sources. (3 pts – 1 pt References 2 pts format) No first person point of view as a research paper.