https://nursingwebwriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/logoHOE-1-300x60-1.png 0 0 Elias https://nursingwebwriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/logoHOE-1-300x60-1.png Elias2020-07-03 07:48:162020-07-03 07:48:16Unit 7 Case Study: Breast Cancer
Unit 7 Case Study: Breast Cancer
Mrs. V is a 47 year old white female who noted a lump near the lower, outer edge of her right breast. After undergoing work up, Mrs. V. was diagnosed with breast cancer. She underwent a right mastectomy without surgical reconstruction.
The pathology report relative to the patient’s tumor revealed the tumor was estrogen receptor positive.
- What chemotherapeutic agent would be anticipated for this patient’s treatment plan? Support your discussion with a reference from a scholarly source.
- Discuss the mechanism of action for the anticipated chemotherapeutic agent. Support your discussion with a reference from a scholarly source.
- Discuss what the anticipated side effects of the chemotherapeutic agent are. Support your discussion with a reference from a scholarly source.
- Anticipating the potential side effects of the treatment plan, what are the key elements to include in the patient education plan? Support your discussion with a reference from a scholarly source.
- Prepare and submit a 3-4 page paper [total] in length (not including APA format).
- Answer all the questions above.
- Support your position with examples.
- Please review the rubric to ensure that your assignment meets criteria.
- Submit the following documents to the Submit Assignments/Assessments area:
- Case Study: Breast Cancer