Week 8 Discussion
Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your own before you bid. Main references come from Capuzzi, D., & Stauffer, M. D. (2012) and/or American Psychological Association (2010). You need to have scholarly support for any claim of fact or recommendation regarding treatment. APA format also requires headings. Use the prompt each week to guide your heading titles and organize the content of your initial post under the appropriate headings. Remember to use scholarly research from peer-reviewed articles that is current. I have also attached my discussion rubric so you can see how to make full points. Please follow the instructions to get full credit for the discussion. I need this completed by 07/17/19 at 4pm.
Discussion – Week 8
Understanding How Family Life and Gender Influence Career Development
An expanded view of clients helps career counseling professionals improve responsiveness, increase gender and family diversity awareness, and meet the ever-changing needs of the workforce and those in the process of making career-related decisions.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- Think about the variation that exists in individuals’ experiences related to family life and gender, and how they may influence career development.
- Select two or more specific examples from Chapters 16 and 17 that you find particularly significant, as well as any real-life examples, and consider how the scenarios might influence individuals’ priorities, goals, choices, and challenges related to work.
- Reflect on how insights related to gender and family life may inform a professional’s approach to and implementation of career counseling with various individuals.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 4 a description of three or more specific insights gained with regard to gender and family life that will inform your approach to and implementation of career counseling, and explain how they will inform it.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
· Capuzzi, D., & Stauffer, M. D. (2012). Career counseling: Foundations, perspectives, and applications. (2nd ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson Education.
o Chapter 16, “Career Counseling with Couples and Families”
o Chapter 17, “Gender Issues in Career Counseling”
· National Career Development Association. (2015). Internet sites for career planning. Retrieved from www.ncda.org/aws/NCDA/pt/sp/resources